life. a melody. a rhythm. a harmony. a song written and sung by myself. so come on, sing with me!

6.18.2004

the OUR FATHER

i just had my first "real" cut today. i purposely cut my theo class because i wasn't able to finish reading the assigned readings for today and i know that a quiz will be given. yup, i'm right. i missed a quiz. 10 points off my final mark. hahaha. oh well.

so i went up to school at around 11:30 and fortunately, i wasn't late for my fil class. i don't want to further tarnish my beautiful record. during fil, the teacher introduced how to read philippine literature. grabe. she speaks continuously, non-stop. also, she is very animated. i like her way of teaching but she has the tendency to be boring though. ok na sana kaso nga lang masyadong marami ang trabaho sa kanya.

after fil, i forgot that we have psych lab right after. shucks! tapos napagalitan ako kasi bawal palang uminom sa psych lab. hehehe. ok lang. i really enjoy the lab. may aircon, may computer at higit sa lahat, may internet. yahoo!

so yun, that was my beautiful day pero i still believe that my tth schedule is very hideous with a capital H. ang pangit talaga. the only advantage of having my ugly classes during tth is that when a teacher gives a homework on a thursday due on a tuesday, matagal mong pwedeng gawin.




now, one of the highlights of my day was our unit's cba. after a long time, we got to eat out and share stuff once again as a unit. sayang nga lang, our guide wasn't able to make it. i really missed my unit. i hope we can meet more regularly. ang saya lang makipagmeet with your unit.

another highligh is my consultation with my bossing, the apostolate coordinator of ACLC. wala lang, i needed to pour out my feelings before really continuing my responsibilities as an arearep. i think i went off-track and i need to REROUTE: to go back to where i was heading before. salamat marky!




i hope this doesn't make this blog boring. i really like to share realizations. i want to share my realization with the our father. this afternoon, we had our usual afternoon praise by reading the daily Gospel, short sharing and praying on the scripture. today's scripture is on the our father. indeed, this prayer has been taught to us since we were kids and it became more of a routine to pray it. it became a formula prayer. but when did we really appreciate the true essence and meaning of the prayer?

honestly, i just found out the deeper meaning of the prayer today. nakakahiya nga eh. tagal ko nang katoliko, ngayon ko lang talagang napanghawakan ang kahulugan ng panalanging itinuro at inihandog sa atin ng Diyos sa pamamagitan ni Hesus.

i realized that it's a perfect prayer: all intentions for praying are all in the our father. thanksgiving, praise, forgiveness and request are all there. just speak it whole-heartedly. sabi nga sa bible, don't just babble out the prayer. kelangang manggaling sa puso ang panalanging ito. second realization is that the our father is a happy prayer because it is God's way of becoming close to us. he taught us this prayer to be close to us. siya na ang nagbigay ng paraan para lalo tayong mapalapit sa kanya. parang sinabi niya through this prayer, "o, heto na ang text ko, text mo ako kung kailangan mo ako." isang our father lang.

OUR FATHER in heaven
hallowed be Thy name...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home