life. a melody. a rhythm. a harmony. a song written and sung by myself. so come on, sing with me!

7.19.2004

consolation in a free ice cream cone

i am in desolation. i don't know how and i don't know why. all i know is that God is moving within me through my desolation. i think this desolation is helping me see my life in a better perspective - in a much clearer perspective.

how has this desolation affected me? it has made me different in a way that i'm less energetic. i laugh less. i think and reflect more. i just feel a bit down and empty but it doesn't affect my optimistic attitude. given this situation, i think i can look at my life much better and find meaning in it with this chance.

tonight made a difference, however. first, i got to bond with my soul and i was able to be close to another newbie but still, i was in my desolate state. i went with my friends in their condo unit and there, i read my readings for theo and i watched charmed. still, i felt desolation. i felt empty. i felt that there's still no meaning in what i do. then, when i was about to go home, i was trying to find a ride home. no tricycles! i can't walk, the way's to far and scary. hehe. i recognized bro nono's face and i thought to myself that i should ask him if i can ride with them to loyola house. but i was too late, he already went inside the car. then, i was walking to mcdo to grab a tricycle. the car seemed to be slowly following me, then bro nono lowered his window and low and behold, bro terence was driving the car. he asked me where i was going and i said i was going home. he asked me if i wanted to join them and they'll bring me home. thank God! bro terence told me that they'll just pass by mcdo. after ordering, the cashier handed them a coupon, included when you order an iced tea. when they scratched the surface of the coupon, they got a free ice cream cone! bro terence told me that i will get that ice cream cone. i was surprised and also thankful. bro terence told me that i was the lucky one and that "masyado raw naging maswerte ang tadhana nang gabing iyon." there came my consolation - IN AN ICE CREAM CONE!

i'm seeking spiritual direction tomorrow. i hope this will help me. but amongst everything, thank you LORD!




i'm just scared of our psy101 individual project. memory recall is what it's all about. we're to recall events in our lives and write them down in as much detail as possible without interpreting, analyzing, explaining or making it into a biography. after jotting down all the details of my life story, i will analyze and reflect on those events. there, we should find out who we are and how we became who we are right now. grabe noh?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home