life. a melody. a rhythm. a harmony. a song written and sung by myself. so come on, sing with me!

11.25.2005

something to PONDER on

i know that this was the theme of my retreat:
julius, do you love me?
"yes, Lord, i love you."
then, let me love you.

but before i can let him love me, he asked me to remove all my attachments (my fears, my ambitions, my wants, every attachment that i could think of). he asked me to offer them to him for him to be able to love me better. i did. that's why this retreat has become my richest retreat ever.

that's why i've been carrying this after retreat. this has been my disposition and my starting point whenever i'm talking with someone or i'm sharing with someone. probably because in my experience of God's love, God just wants me to be detached that i may be his fully. but, after thinking about it, i just have questions that i need to ponder on.

1. why do i feel that i'm not that afraid? is this good or bad?
2. at the same time, why do i feel a sense of freedom?
3. is it good to bring this experience to other people?
4. will being free from attachments and fears help or hinder other people from receiving God's love?

sorry for the burden. i want to ask these questions in order to face myself that i show to others. is it genuine or am i just being too superficial? am i too idealistic at this point or somewhat being realistic?

oh well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home