life. a melody. a rhythm. a harmony. a song written and sung by myself. so come on, sing with me!

8.31.2005

MIXED nuts

today (on a personal level): wonderful!

amidst the stressful week, God blessed me with one beautiful day. it started out to be really stressful but in the end, i feel very much alive. this involves the things that happened to me personally, though. social events, ah... that's a very different issue.

so what happened?

i had my orals for philo. i'm quite nervouse because this is my first philo orals in filipino ever. besides that, this requirement will make up 20% of my grade. man! one orals can make you or break you. because of my stupidity, i started really reviewing at 3 am. that particular session ended abruptly due to sleep. i thought people at home would wake me up. BUT NO! so i woke up (consciously) at 9 am. my orals is at 11. i haven't had a good look at my readings. DAMN! i told myself. i had to skim through all 4 THICK readings just to make sure that i get the 6 thesis statements right. imagine the stress. IMAGINE THE STRESS!

i read and browsed through the readings. good thing, i highlighted the key terms and looked for them through the readings. i focused my attention there. i got through 3 readings. hurrah! i told myself. so i rushed to school and arrived there 5 minutes before 11. double-checked my sched. i wasn't up until 11:15. whooooo... sigh of relief. i have 10 mins to really take a deep breath and browse through the readings again. at the back of my head, i'm praying that thesis 6 would not be the one chosen for me. although i have the slightest idea what it means, i don't have the craziest detail from the reading to support it.

after going through the quick 10 minutes, i walked slowly to the consultation room, praying so hardly that i don't get thesis statements that i'm not confident with. i sat in the room, waited for my teacher. when she came in, she asked me to pick a number. ALAS! thesis 3. goodness! it's one of the easiest because i read and understood marcel. whooo... relief! i went through the thesis to the best of my ability. halfway through, my teacher started asking questions. i answered to the best that i can. PHILOSOPHY 'to eh. isang mabuting pagmumuni-muni ay katanggap-tanggap. i believed our conversation went well. not knowing whether i will be asked to finish the rest of the thesis statement (i can but i'm trying to avoid the democracy part), the time ended with the teacher telling me "ang bilis noh?"

i found myself smiling after the orals, happily walking back to mateo ricci.

well, this event somewhat made my whole day. even the LC meeting turned out to be a blast. it was a light and fun meeting. ganda.

for these, i thank the one who planned everything for me. THANK YOU!




on the socio-political aspect of today: WHATEVER!

i'll reserve my opinion until this whole chaotic episode in our politics reach a certain point of normalcy.

i hate it when i see both sides of the political battlefield end their political battles in a series of dramatic and chaotic show. admittedly, i trust no one in politics anymore. everyone is there to suit their own personal ambitions. what makes me more pissed at is how much they manipulate the events in trying to gain the support of the people. kanya-kanya lang yan at puro moro-moro na lang. what makes me more pissed at is how much they manipulate the events in trying to gain the support of the people.playing the walkout card. playing the numbers card. they're all the same. administration or opposition, you are your own masters and of course, power, money, ambition and favors.

i really dislike how the militant groups portray themselves as the voice of the people. i believe the voice of the people is sick and tired of this teleserye that goes in circles. people are sick with SELF-SERVING POLITICIANS protecting their own interests. people are sick with militant groups who never seem to be contented. THEY WANT ALL PRESIDENTS OUT! if they're not contented with this poor system, why join it? people are sick with media playing only the TERRIBLE FACE OF POLITICS.

people in this country want good news.
people in this country want hope from fellow filipinos who are exemplars and who are excelling in their own fields here and abroad.
people in this country want hope from fellow filipinos who are heroes in their own rights.
people in this country want stability.
people in this country want peace.
people in this country want good leaders.

GOOD LEADERS? that's a long wait.
sometimes, i would imagine having the whole country's congress eradicated. para naman mapalitan. grabe naman yan. paulit-ulit na lang. NAKAKAPAGOD NA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home